Document proofreading and review
Professional proofreaders at your service
The proofreader issues a linguistic and/or technical validation and makes the necessary corrections while ensuring there are no major problems according to the list below:
- The target text delivered is complete (no omissions or additions are allowed).
- The target text is a faithful, accurate, and consistent translation of the source text.
- References to previously published documents have been checked and cited correctly.
- The terminology and vocabulary used are consistent throughout the text and correspond to the reference documents.
- Sufficient attention has been paid to the clarity and style of the target text.
- The target text is free from syntax, spelling, punctuation, typographical, and grammatical errors.
- The original document's format has been respected (including, where applicable, codes and tags).
- The positioning of the translated text corresponds to the pre-existing document.
- Any special instructions that might have been given by the customer have been followed.
The role of the proofreader/expert is to carry out a specialised uni-lingual proofreading operation to assess the adequacy of the translation with the agreed purpose and recommend corrections.
Note: Proofreading/appraisal can involve an assessment of compliance with industry standards.
Pre-delivery quality control
The project manager ensures that the service meets customer requirements, namely:
- The corrections requested have been included.
- The layout is correct (headers, footers, indexes, tables of contents, graphics, etc.).
- Outstanding issues and questions have been resolved.
- The files are complete and virus-free.